St. Paul's is vibrant church community and we look forward to meeting you personally. We work hard to make certain our doors are open wide, and that those who are new to us feel a warm welcome.
How do I join?
Becoming a member at St. Paul’s is is not only rewarding, but it is also easy.
- Speak to the rector and fill out one of our “Welcome” cards.
- Ask about baptism, confirmation, or inquirer’s instruction.
- Have us record your baptism in our register or have a Letter of Transfer sent from your previous Episcopal Church.
- Let us welcome you in person.
If you have questions, or would like more information about becoming a member at St. Paul’s, please fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
“All persons who have received the Sacrament of Holy Baptism with water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, whether in this (the Episcopal) Church or in another Christian Church, and whose baptism has been recorded in this church, are members thereof.” (Canon 17, Section 1)
To record your baptism in the Episcopal Church will mean having a Letter of Transfer sent from another Episcopal Church or showing us your baptismal certificate, if you were baptized in another Christian church.
Adult members of the Episcopal Church are expected to have received Confirmation – “…a mature affirmation of their faith and commitment to the responsibilities of their Baptism and to receive the laying on of hands by the Bishop.” Those from other denominations are either confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church. Confirmation instruction is offered annually.
Stewardship encompasses our personal relationship to God and dedication to His work through the sharing of our time, talents and treasure. It is an offering of “ourselves, our souls and bodies.” Beyond the Stewardship Campaign which is a time when we are asked to focus specifically on the gift of treasure, there are many opportunities for offering your time and talents. For more information or possibilities for involvement in this area of service, please call the church office at 908-232-8506, ext. 22 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yearly Stewardship Campaign
- Planned Giving For planned giving opportunities, contact the treasurer at 908-232-8506, x22
- Memorial & Endowment Trust
- Finance Committee
- Special Funds
- Christian Education
- General Building Maintenance and Rooms Cleanup
- Master Plan for Building Rehab & Renovation
- Grounds cleanup, gardening and maintenance